This internship is designed for enrolled PRCI Tribal Members interested in furthering their careers and exploring opportunities for advancement in Finance Operations, specifically in the role of Finance Operations Manager.
The Intern will have the opportunity to gain up to (2 years) of on-the job training, education and experience necessary to understand and perform the duties of the position by successfully completing all tasks and assignments listed in the Intern Work Plan Outline. Additionally, the Intern will participate in in-house leadership training, as well as outside seminars, webinars, conferences, and education to enhance their skills and broaden their knowledge. The Intern may be expected to acquire certification(s) appropriate to the high level of responsibility this position requires.
The Intern will learn to support Controller/Assistant Controller or CFO in the overall administration of all operations and functions of the Finance Department in alignment with the objectives and goals of the Company and in full accordance with all operational policies and procedures, and ensure that all department activities are performed effectively and efficiently.
When the internship is deemed successfully completed, the participant will receive a Certificate of Completion which may be used when applying to future positions.
- Work collaboratively with the Controller/Assistant Controller and/or CFO, and TMCDPA to complete all portions of the internship outline/work plan.
- Develops and learns to monitor team member performance by reviewing quality of work, adherence to protocols, accuracy and timeliness. Provide coaching and feedback as needed.
- Ensure the integrity of all financial data produced by Team members under his/her span of control.
- Monitor all financial activities on property to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the company and the Gaming Commission are enforced throughout the property.
- Learns to evaluate performance and progress in the Revenue Accounting, Payroll, Cage Operations, Drop and Count Room, Purchasing, Warehouse and Receiving, Accounts Payable, General Ledger Accounting and Financial Analysis Divisions of the Finance Department, adjusting performance standards and procedures as needed.
- Act as a liaison to all other departments with respect to financial questions.
- Learns and develops how to plan for adequate staffing levels by monitoring performance and selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, and promoting Team Members.
- Learns and develops how to review departmental reports, addressing any potential issues or adverse trends.
- Ensure a maximum level of company-wide service and satisfaction in supporting the financial results of the operations.
- Intern will learn to develop operational and maintenance standards (measurable and time sensitive) to optimize efficiency, continuously improve processes, train Team Members, effectively distribute workloads and responsibilities, and maintain the facility in superb condition.
- Establish Accounting policies and procedures which ensure accurate and reliable financial reporting under a sound internal control structure.
- Establish systematic practices of troubleshooting financial issues to ensure early resolution.
- Exercise the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Assist with the integration of accounting and financial reporting operations
- Support the month end/quarter end close process, including preparation and review of financial reports, reconciliations and journal entries, as needed.
- Must be an enrolled member of the Picayune Rancheria of Chukchansi Indians
- Experience with budgeting, financial reporting, expense analysis, cost benefit analysis and financial statement interpretation
- Minimum of three years of experience in accounting