Ensure exceptional delivery of Banquet services by planning and coordinating banquet orders, food quality, room readiness, and event execution by Banquet Team Members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Interacts effectively with the public and Team Members. Provide excellent customer service at all time.
• Supervises Banquet Servers, ensuring that all Team Members are properly trained in the responsibilities of their jobs, particularly in the required standards of service.
• Maintains a working knowledge of the property as well as special events on and near property in order to answer guest questions.
• Responds to Guests’ requests, complaints, or inquiries courteously and promptly.
• Serves menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to the banquet event order.
• Ensures that all food and beverage service for functions are served on time.
• Monitors guest needs on a continual basis, ensuring all requests are promptly fulfilled.
• Manages the Banquet Event Order process and ensures team readiness for event set-up, event services, and breakdown following event. Works with department management on menus and order of service specifications.
• Inspects meeting rooms or event locations to ensure rooms are appropriately cleaned and prepared for events.
• Ensures Banquet Team Members are present and ready for event (meets appearance standards, knowledgeable of event).
• Maintains compliance with CGRC policies, procedures, health and sanitation regulations, food and alcohol safety standards, and all applicable federal, state, local, and Tribal laws/ordinances.
• Maintain current, valid food and alcohol safety certifications and ensure same for team.
• Continually monitor events, direct team, and assist team to promptly meet service requests &/or demands.
• Trains banquet team members in all elements of banquet services.
• Prepares team schedules to meet event demands.
• Manages the banquets services team to maintain and protect the branded, professional image of CGRC and the Tribe within the industry and community.
• Assist with event planning, pricing, and booking.
• Performs any reasonable request made by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required. Minimum: 3 -5 years’ experience in catering or banquet services plus 1 – 2 years’ experience as server in fine dining restaurant required.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills required. Must be able to demonstrate all aspects of food service with professionalism, prompt and courteous service, and extreme attention to detail. Must possess and maintain valid food safety and alcohol service certifications. Knowledge of food and wine pairings with related experience preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is frequently required to talk, hear, stand, walk, use hands, fingers, handle, feel, and carry objects, reach with hands and arms, balance, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, taste, and smell.
The Team Member must regularly lift and/or move (push/pull) up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor, the Team Member will be exposed to a smoke-filled environment.