Responsible for properly performing all financial activities related to the General Ledger Accounting Department, in accordance with established policies, procedures and controls. GL Accountant will be required to learn all aspects of the General Ledger and fill in for General Ledger Clerks as needed.
- Performs complex bank reconciliations.
- Maintains documentation of work performed in auditable format.
- Prepares and distributes daily Cash Report.
- Enters information into the General Ledger Accounts Journal.
- Balances fixed assets accounts.
- May make bank deposits as required.
- Prepares monthly financial analysis of General Ledger Accounts for Controller.
- Facilitates the flow of information, by attending regularly scheduled. departmental meetings.
- Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Associate degree in Accounting or Business related field from an accredited college or university, or two to four years of experience in Accounting/Auditing, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and familiarity with the income statement, balance sheet, fixed assets, reconciliations, and spreadsheet creation required.