Responsible for ensuring that all accounting activities in the Cage Department are performed accurately and efficiently in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations of the Gaming Commission, Federal and State Tax Commissions, and established company policies, procedures and controls.
This position is also responsible for assisting customers with transactions and for balancing various bank drawers within the Cage Department, maintaining accuracy throughout all phases of the balancing process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Interact effectively with the public and Team Members. Performs excellent guest service at all times.
- Balances assigned bank accurately.
- Assists various gaming/non-gaming departments in counting gratuities.
- Processes payouts of all Slot Department jackpots, short pays and machine hand pays.
- Cashes chips and gaming tokens into money for customers in a courteous, timely manner.
- Cashes personal checks and travelers checks for currency.
- Accepts and redeems Tito tickets in exchange for currency.
- Redeems foreign currency, computing accurate exchange rates for the various currencies received.
- Processes marker issuance and buy-back transactions, providing quality service to each customer.
- Maintains adequate supply of cash/coins in the Tito ticket redemption machines throughout the casino floor in conjunction with the Slot Department.
- Maintains a working knowledge of facilities as well as special events on property in order to advise customers of same whenever possible.
- Assists other Cage Cashiers within the department as needed or required.
- Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Ensures to a high degree the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records.
- Maintains a consistent, regular attendance record.
- Performs any reasonable request made by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or (GED) required. Some college courses in banking and finance or related area preferred. Minimum of six months to one year of prior cash handling experience required; and/or a combination of education and experience.
Must possess excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills. Must be extremely numbers-oriented and computer-literate.