Responsible for answering switchboard, directing calls to appropriate individuals, taking accurate messages and delivering them to the appropriate department or individuals, making reservation for the hotel, Vintage Restaurant, entertainment and all other marketing events, and effectively resolving minor customer disputes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Interacts effectively with the public and Team Members. Performs excellent customer service at all time.
• Answers all incoming calls and routes them accordingly and in a timely, professional and polite manner. Handles all paging and radio communications in a similar way.
• Makes, confirms, an cancels reservations for guests in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner so as to create a positive impression and to increase hotel occupancy.
• Makes reservations for the hotel, Vintage Restaurant, entertainment and special events.
• Resolves guest conflicts/complaints effectively in a fair and equitable manner or refers matters to the appropriate department or individual for proper resolution.
• Maintains a working knowledge of all programs and equipment used in the office: LMS, Notebook, phone and paging systems, fax and copier machines.
• Maintains a working knowledge of reservation procedures for the hotel and special events.
• Maintains a working knowledge of the property as well as current and upcoming special events in order to advise guests and fellow Team Members.
• Handles all incoming urgent matters or emergencies properly for the guests and the property. Works with management and/or security in order to calmly direct appropriate action. Uses a calm, clear voice when using the intercom system.
• Maintains a log of phone problems and reports any situations which need attention to the appropriate department and/or individual.
• Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
• Assists Central Services Supervisors with various reports and keeps files up to date and accurate.
• Maintains a consistent, regular attendance record and adheres to departmental and company policies.
• Performs any reasonable request made by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required. Experience with, or knowledge of, PBX equipment and hotel reservation systems preferred.
Must possess excellent communication skills and a clear speaking voice. Must have basic computer skills and ability to operate a computer, typewriter, paging system, beepers, radios, copy machine and fax machine. Must be capable of remaining calm when responding quickly and appropriately to emergency situations. Must possess the ability to attend to many items and details simultaneously with accuracy. Must be available to work all shifts and weekends.