This internship is designed for Tribal Team Members interested in gaining practical experience in the operations of Hospitality, specifically, the position of Central Services Representative. Interns will be exposed to various duties providing assistance for PBX. These responsibilities include answering switchboard, directing calls to appropriate individuals, taking accurate messages and delivering them to the appropriate department or individuals, making reservation for the hotel, Vintage Restaurant, entertainment and all other marketing events, and effectively resolving minor customer disputes. Interns will gain up to 1,000 hours of hands-on experience of what this position entails and be able to accomplish all tasks listed in the Work Plan Outline. Upon successfully completing the internship program, interns will be given a certification of completion that can be used towards experience when applying to available positions.
• Works collaboratively with the management team, training staff and the CDPA to complete all portions of the internship outline.
• Interacts professionally and effectively with the public and Team Members. Performs excellent customer service at all time.
• Answers all incoming calls and routes them accordingly and in a timely, professional and polite manner. Handles all paging and radio communications in a similar way.
• Makes, confirms, and cancels reservations for guests in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner so as to create a positive impression and to increase hotel occupancy.
• Makes reservations for the hotel, Vintage Restaurant, entertainment and special events.
• Resolves guest conflicts/complaints effectively in a fair and equitable manner or refers matters to the appropriate department or individual for proper resolution.
• Maintains a working knowledge of all programs and equipment used in the office: LMS, Notebook, phone and paging systems, fax and copier machines.
• Maintains a working knowledge of reservation procedures for the hotel and special events.
• Maintains a working knowledge of the property as well as current and upcoming special events in order to advise guests and fellow Team Members.
• Handles all incoming urgent matters or emergencies properly for the guests and the property. Works with management and/or security in order to calmly direct appropriate action. Uses a calm, clear voice when using the intercom system.
• Maintains a log of phone problems and reports any situations which need attention to the appropriate department and/or individual.
• Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
• Assists Central Services Supervisors with various reports and keeps files up to date and accurate.
Must be an enrolled member of the Picayune Rancheria of Chukchansi Indians