Responsible for properly performing all financial activities related to the General Ledger Accounting Department, in accordance with established policies, procedures and controls. GL Accountant will be required to learn all aspects of the General Ledger and fill in for General Ledger Clerks as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Interacts effectively with the public and Team Members. Performs excellent guest service at all times.
• Performs complex bank reconciliations.
• Reconciles all balance sheet accounts in a timely, effective manner.
• Maintains documentation of work performed in auditable format.
• Prepares and distributes daily Cash Report.
• Enters information into the General Ledger Accounts Journal.
• Balances fixed assets accounts.
• May make bank deposits as required.
• Prepares monthly financial analysis of General Ledger Accounts for Controller.
• Facilitates the flow of information, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
• Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
• May be used as an usher as needed by management for events.
• Any reasonable request made by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily:
• Perform job duties, demonstrate excellent work habits, and deliver exceptional service to internal and external guests.
• Exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, including appearance, attendance, reliability, teamwork, ethics, integrity, and comply with all governing policies and procedures.
• Employ positive and professional communication skills and exercise professional interpersonal abilities (tact, diplomacy, and respect) with guests and co-workers at all times.
• Maintain a high level of organization, including an orderly and neat work area and excellent time management skills leading to the highest levels of productivity.
• Demonstrate a desire to succeed and willingness to help others succeed.
• Participate in open communication and provide feedback to management regarding operations, staffing, personal development, and operational productivity.
• Serve as contributing Team Member of CGRC enhancing operations in all its business endeavors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related area from a four year college or university, or four to six years of experience in Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must possess effective communication and organizational skills. A minimum of one-year experience in General Ledger Accounting, with concentration on balance sheet account reconciliation, fixed assets, financial analysis and spreadsheet creation, required. Must be computer-literate and proficient in use of Excel as well as 10 key by touch.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex of documents, such as technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The Employee is also regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The Employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The Employee is regularly exposed to risk of radiation (from computers), as a great deal of the workday is spent working on spreadsheets or inputting data into the computer system.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. When on the casino floor, the Team Member will be exposed to a smoke-filled environment.