Responsible for ensuring all operations of the Beverage Department and Team Member performances are in compliance with the Company’s objectives and Gaming Regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Interacts effectively with the public and Team Members. Performs excellent customer service at all time.
• Complies, administers and enforces departmental policies and performance standards.
• Ensures departmental compliance with applicable Federal and State laws governing food and beverage.
• Confers with Beverage Manager to review property-wide and departmental employee concerns, discussing needed changes and potential solutions.
• Participates in all activities on property relating to recruitment, interviewing, testing, selection, orientation, transfers, promotions, and terminations to ensure that they are carried out in accordance with established company policies and procedures and Federal and State laws.
• Reviews and approves, as appropriate, all recommendations to discharge, evaluate, assign, reward, or discipline all Beverage Tam Members.
• Maintains appropriate staffing levels in the Beverage Department by interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, promoting, assisting with career development, disciplining and terminating employees as needed and directed.
• Works any position within the department when needed to provide emergency coverage when other Team Members cannot be reasonably obtained to perform those functions.
• Maintains compliance with all health and safety standards/regulations as well as all applicable federal, state and local laws/ordinances; to include maintaining applicable food safety certification.
• Receives, issues and maintains accurate perpetual inventories of all spirits and wine. Ensures security of all alcoholic beverages within the department.
• Maintains knowledge of ABC Codes, the Dram Shop Act and bartender’s responsibilities and rights under it. Completes Alcohol Awareness Training and passes the test associated with the course and renews Alcohol Awareness certification every two years.
• Sets priorities for all Beverage Supervisors, Lead Bartenders and Beverage Servers, providing guidance and assistance as needed.
• Participates in special projects as requested by the Beverage Manager.
• Ensures the quality of management operations in all areas of the organization.
• Establishes performance and profit objectives for short-term and long-term goals.
• Reviews departmental reports, addressing potential conflicts and/or misinformation.
• Participates in all training exercises with emphasis on customer service, creation and maintenance of a discrimination and harassment free environment.
• Ensures a maximum level of service and satisfaction throughout the property in the area of Beverage is achieved and maintained.
• Facilitates the flow of information throughout the property by organizing and participating in regularly scheduled departmental meetings with all Beverage Management and Team Members.
• Ensures to the highest degree the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
• Maintains a consistent and regular attendance record.
• Ushers as needed by management for events.
• Performs any reasonable request made by management.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily:
• Perform job duties, demonstrate excellent work habits, and deliver exceptional service to internal and external guests.
• Exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, including appearance, attendance, reliability, teamwork, ethics, integrity, and comply with all governing policies and procedures.
• Employ positive and professional communication skills and exercise professional interpersonal abilities (tact, diplomacy, and respect) with guests and co-workers at all times.
• Maintain a high level of organization, including an orderly and neat work area and excellent time management skills leading to the highest levels of productivity.
• Demonstrate a desire to succeed and willingness to help others succeed.
• Participate in open communication and provide feedback to management regarding operations, staffing, personal development, and operational productivity.
• Serve as contributing Team Member of CGRC enhancing operations in all its business endeavors.
Directly supervises Beverage Supervisors, Lead Bartenders, Bartenders, Bar Backs, Lead Beverage Servers, Beverage Servers and Beverage Stewards and indirectly supervises the activities of all Team Members in Beverage Department..
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED. One to two years related experience and/or training. Minimum of one year of experience in Food & Beverage management with progressive managerial responsibilities required, or one year in a beverage related position
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required. Excellent communication, organization and analytical skills required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Team Members of organization. Must be able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measures, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk or hear. The Team Member is also regularly stand, walk and to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. When on the casino floor, the Team Member will be exposed to a smoke-filled environment.