Responsible for assisting with the designing, coordinating, implementing, and monitoring of departmental budgets, productivity analysis, variance analysis, and development of cost and forecasting models for the property and the Marketing department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Monitors ongoing capital projects; prepares cash-flow forecast; assists with distribution of various daily, weekly, and monthly financial reports.
• Facilitates with composing budgets for the Marketing departments and other assigned operating units, ensuring the integrity and consistency of all financial data produced.
• Ensures the integrity of all financial data produced.
• Monitors all financial activities on property, to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the company, the Federal and State Tax Commissioners, and the Gaming Commission are enforced throughout the assigned departments.
• Works to streamline the compilation of source data for use in financial reporting.
• Evaluates special promotional and marketing related activities on property from a revenue/profit perspective (pre and post formas).
• Prepares back-up documentation information for all assigned departmental budgets, including a cost breakdown, to be used in compiling future year budgets.
• Reviews assigned departmental reports, addressing potential conflicts and/or misinformation.
• Ensures a maximum level of assigned departments’ service and satisfaction, in the financial aspect of the business, is achieved and maintained.
• Facilitates the flow of information, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
• Responsible for data entry.
• Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of assigned departmental records and reports.
• Responsible for monthly financials pertaining to forecasting and expenditures.
• Responsible for creating Marketing Requisitions, BPO’s, PO’s, and invoice processing.
• Ushers as needed by management for events.
• Performs any reasonable request made by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily:
• Perform job duties, demonstrate excellent work habits, and deliver exceptional service to internal and external guests.
• Exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, including appearance, attendance, reliability, teamwork, ethics, integrity, and comply with all governing policies and procedures.
• Employ positive and professional communication skills and exercise professional interpersonal abilities (tact, diplomacy, and respect) with guests and co-workers at all times.
• Maintain a high level of organization, including an orderly and neat work area and excellent time management skills leading to the highest levels of productivity.
• Demonstrate a desire to succeed and willingness to help others succeed.
• Participate in open communication and provide feedback to management regarding operations, staffing, personal development, and operational productivity.
• Serve as contributing Team Member of CGRC enhancing operations in all its business endeavors.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business Administration or related area from a four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills. Experience with budgeting, financial reporting, expense analysis, cost benefit analysis and financial statement interpretation required. Must be extremely numbers-oriented and computer literate, with superior spreadsheet skills. Minimum of one-year experience in financial analysis or related area, preferably in the gaming industry, required. Must possess experience with Casino Market Place (player tracking system) and MMS.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex of documents, such as technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematic concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the Employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand; walk; sit for long periods of time; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the Casino floor level increases to loud.