Responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operations in the Warehouse Receiving Department and providing supervision, guidance and training to Warehouse Receiving Clerks to insure quality of service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Interacts effectively with the public and Team Members. Performs excellent customer service at all time.
- Ensure the receipt and delivery of goods in acceptable condition.
- Ensure quality of inventoried items, checking dates, rotation and assigning rotation duties to team members.
- Supervises and monitors work of Warehouse Receiving Clerks on assigned shift in the absence of the supervisor or as directed.
- Maintains a thorough, working knowledge of products housed in both warehouse’s dry goods, paper products, chemical supplies, player club promotions, liquor and cigarette products.
- Verifies the quantity received, number of boxes, date received, invoice number, and any other pertinent information as needed.
- Receives all packages shipped via FedEx, UPS, DHL or other carriers when Shipping/Receiving personnel are not available.
- Maintains EPA mandated refrigeration logs to document engineering department usage. Responsible for verifying and logging correct weight before and after usage. Verifying to the highest degree that all information documented is correct and legible up on completion..
- Handles all receiving and shipping functions in accordance with appropriate safety standards and current department policy and procedures.
- Handles all equipment and tools in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Records amount of materials or items received using MMS.
- Marks materials with identifying information using appropriate methods.
- Moves products to storage or delivers to designated areas in a timely manner.
- Cooperates with Accounts Payable in the verification of orders received.
- Conducts the necessary research to effectively resolve Receiving disputes.
- Ensures proper maintenance of all Shipping & Receiving files and logs.
- Facilitates the work by training all Warehouse/Receiving employees on Policies and Procedures, and use of equipment.
- Ensures the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Maintains a consistent, regular attendance record.
- Ensures a consistent work flow throughout the department by assigning duties to team members and verifying completions of all tasked assigned.
- Performs reasonable request made by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required, with a minimum of two years warehousing experience.
Must have experience in the operation of a forklift and an electric pallet jack. Must be able to successfully complete the Operator Safety Training Course for both. Warehousing experience preferred. Must also be at least 21 years old to perform this position. Must possess effective communication, organizational, and analytical skills. Must be extremely numbers-oriented and computer-literate.