Responsible for properly executing security duties on assigned shift, administering first aid and emergency medical attention to customers and Team Members on property, as required.
- Attends to the medical needs of customers and Team Members on assigned shift.
- Maintains appropriate inventory control of such items as oxygen, wheelchairs, first aid supplies, and related office supplies.
- Becomes familiar with hazardous materials used on property, and all applicable laws, rules and regulations governing same.
- Identifies potential safety hazards and reports same to the appropriate individual, for proper resolution.
- Operates company vehicles as directed to do so.
- Attends safety meetings as needed.
- Ensures a maximum level of customer service and satisfaction throughout the property is achieved and maintained.
- Assists Security Department with money fills and escorts, as needed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of those customers and/or Team Members who have been banned from re-entering the property, and advises appropriate individuals and departments when seeing trespassers on property.
- Accepts identification from all persons who appear to be under the legal age, to ensure compliance with state and federal gaming regulations.
- Verifies, on a regular basis, that all first aid kits on property are well stocked, and re-stocks same, as necessary.
- Assists valet & shuttle drivers, if needed.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one-year experience as an Emergency Medical Technician required.
- Must have successfully completed a nationally recognized course for Emergency Medical Technicians, and must have passed a national registry examination.