Responsible for training, motivating and supervising Beverage Service staff, including bartenders, beverage servers, barbacks and beverage stewards on assigned shift.
- Enforces performance standards, policies and procedures as they relate to venue operations; monitors beverage staff throughout all areas of beverage service. Ensures smooth and efficient operations on a continual basis.
- Ensures the highest possible standards of guest service and Team Member relations are maintained and carried out in a fair and equitable manner.
- Ensures compliance with all health and safety standards/regulations as well as all applicable beverage, federal, state and local laws/ordinances; to include maintaining applicable food safety certification.
- Maintains knowledge of all company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the service standards for the beverage department. Works within compliance with all of the P&P’s and standards and enforces them with all beverage staff members.
- Assists Beverage Manager and Assistant Beverage Manager with scheduling of Team Members and ensuring correct staffing levels and adjustments are made in accordance with guest needs.
- Monitors job performance of all Beverage Service Team Members and provides feedback to aid the Team Members in developing and enhancing skills.
- Works any position within the department when needed to provide emergency coverage when other Team Members cannot be reasonably obtained to perform those functions.
- Receives, issues and maintains accurate perpetual inventories of all spirits and wine. Ensures the security of all alcoholic beverages with the department.
- Maintains knowledge of ABC Codes, the Dram Shop Act and bartender’s responsibilities and rights under it. Completes Alcohol Awareness Training and passes the test associated with the course and renews Alcohol Awareness certification every two years.
- Reviews and makes recommendations and suggestions for hires, suspensions, transfers, promotions, evaluations, discipline and terminations for Beverage Service staff Team Members in a fair and equitable manner.
- Listens to, evaluates and handles guest complaints in a way that provides the best satisfaction within compliance of all P&P’s as well as our Service Standards.
High School Diploma or GED. One to two years restaurant or bar management experience preferred.