Responsible for answering switchboard, directing calls to appropriate individuals, taking accurate messages and delivering them to the appropriate department or individuals, making reservation for the hotel, Vintage Restaurant, entertainment and all other marketing events, and effectively resolving minor customer disputes.
- Answers all incoming calls and routes them accordingly and in a timely, professional and polite manner. Handles all paging and radio communications in a similar way.
- Makes, confirms, an cancels reservations for guests in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner so as to create a positive impression and to increase hotel occupancy.
- Makes reservations for the hotel, Vintage Restaurant, entertainment and special events.
- Resolves guest conflicts/complaints effectively in a fair and equitable manner or refers matters to the appropriate department or individual for proper resolution.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all programs and equipment used in the office: LMS, Notebook, phone and paging systems, fax and copier machines.
- Maintains a working knowledge of reservation procedures for the hotel and special events.
- Handles all incoming urgent matters or emergencies properly for the guests and the property. Works with management and/or security in order to calmly direct appropriate action. Uses a calm, clear voice when using the intercom system.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, PBX equipment and hotel reservation systems preferred.