Responsible for assisting the Assistant Executive Housekeeper and Executive Housekeeper with the successful overall coordination and direction of all activities of the Room Attendants, ensuring an exceptional standard of cleanliness is achieved and maintained in all guest rooms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Interacts effectively with the public and people. Performs excellent customer service at all time.
• Inspects each assigned guest room prior to occupancy to ensure cleanliness and appearance, maintaining records of rooms which received cleaning approval as well as rooms which required further cleaning and maintenance.
• Guides, supports and supervises Room Attendants and House-persons in the proper execution of their daily responsibilities.
• Monitors computer system in order to track room vacancies for cleaning and maintenance purposes.
• Takes responsibility for the security of a “Pass Key” during assigned shift, turning it in at the end of the shift to the Housekeeping Manager.
• Maintains an adequate supply of linens, cleaning chemicals and amenity inventories, re-ordering and re-stocking when necessary.
• Tags lost and found items properly and delivers them to the Housekeeping Office for storage.
• Maintains adequate staffing levels in the Housekeeping Department by interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, assisting with career development, promoting and disciplining Team Members as needed.
• Opens and closes department as needed.
• Prepares various daily, weekly and monthly reports, offering suggestions and recommendations where appropriate to improve productivity and cost-efficiency.
• Maintains a consistent, regular attendance record.
• Performs any reasonable request made by management.
• Usher as needed by management for events.
Directly supervises the daily activities of all Room Attendants on assigned shift. Indirectly supervises the activities of all Housepersons on assigned shift.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, recommends hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required. Minimum of two years prior Housekeeping experience in a hotel environment and must have worked in a supervisory capacity.