Responsible for achieving and maintaining an exceptional standard of cleanliness throughout the guest rooms of the Hotel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Interacts effectively with the public and Team Members. Performs excellent customer service at all time.
• Vacuums, sweeps, scrubs, mops, and cleans carpet and flooring in guest rooms.
• Dusts, brushes, polishes, cleans and vacuums furniture, glass, mirrors, curtains, framed pictures, appliances and other structural fixtures and furnishings in guest rooms.
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent and regular attendance record.
• Scrubs, disinfects and deodorizes showers, toilets, wash basins, and other bathroom and vanity fixtures.
• Removes trash and debris from guest rooms.
• Strips beds, collects dirty linens, and makes beds with fresh linens.
• Replenishes linens, amenities and other supplies in guest rooms.
• Reports items found in guest rooms to Floor Supervisor and Security. Tags lost and found items properly.
• Routinely inspects guest rooms for maintenance needs, such as burnt-out light bulbs, plumbing or electrical problems, carpentry needs, or other special problems, and reports same to the Housekeeping Office, for proper resolution.
• Provides extra towels, sheets, pillows and /or rollaway to guest room upon request of front desk.
• Takes responsibility for a “Pass Key” during assigned shift, turning it in at the end of the shift to the appropriate person.
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
• Any reasonable request made by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED preferred. Minimum of six months prior Housekeeping experience required, preferably in a hotel environment.