Responsible for coordinating and managing all functions pertaining to General Ledger, Payroll, Revenue Audit, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, Hard Count and Soft Count, and Inventory Control. Responsible for establishing appropriate policies, procedures and controls of the Company to be consistent with General Accepted Accounting Principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Interacts effectively with the public and Team Members. Performs excellent customer service at all times.
• Establishes standards for resource allocation, including, but not limited to, staffing services, products and capital requirements.
• Designs programs to outmaneuver competition in performance (front and back-of-the-house).
• Contributes to the property’s motto of “Being the Resort Casino of Choice.”
• Mentors, coaches and prepares succession planning to encourage those Team Members seeking advancement to acquire the education, experience and personal characteristics to prepare them to progress toward their goal. Separately identifies Tribal Team Members within and without this specific functional area to fast-track their career goals.
• Develops Operational and Maintenance Standards (measurable and time sensitive) to optimize efficiency, continuously improves processes, trains Team Members, effectively distributes workloads and responsibilities, and maintains the facility in superb condition.
• Directs preparation and distribution of monthly financial statements on a timely basis.
• Directs preparation of quarterly financial reports in conformance to requirements under the 2005 indenture.
• Coordinates with external audit firm for quarterly reviews and annual audits as required.
• Establishes Accounting Policies and Procedures which ensure accurate and reliable financial reporting under a sound internal control structure.
• Ensures the integrity of all financial data produced by the revenue and cost center departments.
• Monitors all financial activities on property to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the company, the Federal and State Tax Agencies, and the Gaming Commission are enforced throughout the property.
• Directs review of monthly financial statements and internal control evaluations.
• Establishes systematic practices of troubleshooting financial issues to ensure early resolution.
• Reviews daily financial reports to verify accuracy.
• Ensures adequate controls over the Soft Count and Hard Drop/Count.
• Maintains good working relationships with the internal Gaming Commission and applicable Federal and State Agencies.
• Plans for adequate staffing levels by monitoring performance and selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, and promoting Team Members.
• Reviews departmental reports, addressing any potential issues or adverse trends.
• Ensures a maximum level of company-wide service and satisfaction in supporting the financial results of the operations.
• Facilitates the flow of information by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled operational and back-of-the-house departmental meetings.
• Ensures a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
• Manages communications to ensure consistency in procedures throughout the property.
• Ushers as needed by management for events.
• Performs any reasonable request made by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily:
• Perform job duties, demonstrate excellent work habits, and deliver exceptional service to internal and external guests.
• Exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, including appearance, attendance, reliability, teamwork, ethics, integrity, and comply with all governing policies and procedures.
• Employ positive and professional communication skills and exercise professional interpersonal abilities (tact, diplomacy, and respect) with guests and co-workers at all times.
• Maintain a high level of organization, including an orderly and neat work area and excellent time management skills leading to the highest levels of productivity.
• Demonstrate a desire to succeed and willingness to help others succeed.
• Participate in open communication and provide feedback to management regarding operations, staffing, personal development, and operational productivity.
• Serve as contributing Team Member of CGRC enhancing operations in all its business endeavors.
Directly supervises the activities of the management staff of the General Ledger, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Hard Count and Soft Count, and Inventory Control divisions of the Finance Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance from a four-year college or university, with a minimum of five to ten years experience in casino gaming financial institution, or hospitality industries and with at least five years in a supervisory or management role. Knowledge of casino accounting procedures is required. CPA preferred.
Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills. Experience with budgeting, financial reporting, expense analysis, cost benefit analysis and financial statement interpretation required. Must be extremely numbers-oriented and computer-literate, with superior spreadsheet skills. Minimum of
three years experience in financial analysis or related area, preferably in the gaming industry, required. SEC/public financial reporting experience preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex of documents, such as technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk or hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. When on the casino floor, the Team Member will be exposed to a smoke-filled environment.