Responsible for the support of computer systems and peripherals, premise wiring, telecommunications and network equipment, audio/visual equipment and selected software on the property. Supports end users and guests in a 24x7x365 environment with any problems on the above equipment and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Interacts effectively with the public and Team Members. Performs excellent customer service at all time.
• Maintains proper security levels and access rights for software and end user PC’s.
• Ensures the quality of systems operations in all areas of the company by communicating with all levels of systems users and offering direction and assistance as needed.
• Coordinates work flow to ensure effective overall operations in the I.T. Department.
• Consults with system users on specific project requirements, designating priority and scheduling project.
• Monitors all supported equipment, identifying potential problems and repairing same as needed.
• Facilitates the flow of information throughout the I.T. Department by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
• Troubleshoots software and network issues.
• Ensures a maximum level of service and satisfaction to all systems users is achieved and maintained.
• Maintains a working knowledge of all appropriate software and network applications.
• Contacts Vendors with regard to specific software, hardware or phone problems as needed or as requested by I.T. Director.
• Maintains a consistent and regular attendance record.
• Documents procedures to assist in the day-to-day functioning of the Network.
• Performs any reasonable company network or computer-related request made by management.
• May be used as an usher as needed by management for events.
Although this position does not directly supervise any one person, the IT Technician indirectly supervises the activities of all system users on property.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
An Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school in computer science or related area; two to four years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Experience in a computer support organization required.
Must possess effective communication skills and be computer-literate, with superior troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Must be able to work with specific computer software such as advanced features of Windows 2000 and XP OS, including Active Director. Must be familiar with PC and basic networking technology.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret simple documents, such as safety rules and regulations, technical procedure manuals, instructions and basic correspondence, reports and memos. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from system users. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to stand or walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The Team Member is frequently required to lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds and infrequently lift and/or move up to one hundred pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Team Member is frequently required to risk danger of electrical shock and/or radiation (from computers). The Team Member is occasionally required to work in high, precarious places in the installation of network or video cable in the ceiling.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. When on the casino floor, the Team Member will be exposed to a smoke-filled environment.