Responsible for assisting the Assistant Executive Housekeeper and Executive Housekeeper with the successful overall coordination and direction of all activities of the Room Attendants, ensuring an exceptional standard of cleanliness is achieved and maintained in all guest rooms.
- Inspects each assigned guest room prior to occupancy to ensure cleanliness and appearance, maintaining records of rooms which received cleaning approval as well as rooms which required further cleaning and maintenance.
- Guides, supports and supervises Room Attendants and House-persons in the proper execution of their daily responsibilities.
- Monitors computer system in order to track room vacancies for cleaning and maintenance purposes.
- Takes responsibility for the security of a “Pass Key” during assigned shift, turning it in at the end of the shift to the Housekeeping Manager.
- Maintains an adequate supply of linens, cleaning chemicals and amenity inventories, re-ordering and re-stocking when necessary.
- Tags lost and found items properly and delivers them to the Housekeeping Office for storage.
- Maintains adequate staffing levels in the Housekeeping Department by interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, assisting with career development, promoting and disciplining Team Members as needed.
- Opens and closes department as needed.
- Prepares various daily, weekly and monthly reports, offering suggestions and recommendations where appropriate to improve productivity and cost-efficiency.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of two years prior Housekeeping experience in a hotel environment and must have worked in a supervisory capacity.