This internship is designed for Tribal Team Members who would like to get practical experience in Bartending. Team Members will be exposed to various beverage preparation and serving duties during the internship. Interns will be able to gain 1,000 hours of hands on experience of what this position entails and be able to accomplish all tasks listed in the Work Plan Outline. Upon successfully completing the internship program, employees will be given a certification of completion that can be used towards experience when applying to available positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Interacts effectively with the public and Team Members. Perform excellent customer service at all time.
• Mixes and serves alcoholic beverages and/or non-alcoholic beverages according to established recipes and procedures.
• Mixes and serves beverages in a service station capacity to Beverage/Food Servers in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Participates in receiving and issuing liquor and supplies in conjunction with a Beverage Manager or Supervisor. Helps to maintain accurate tracking and inventories of spirits and wines.
• Maintains a neat and clean bar station on a continual basis.
• Monitors guest needs on a continual basis, ensuring all requests are promptly fulfilled.
• Maintains knowledge of ABC Codes, the Dram Shop Act and bartender’s responsibilities and rights under it. Completes Alcohol Awareness Training and passes the test associated with the course.
• Maintains compliance with all regulations of health and sanitation standards as well as all applicable federal, state, local laws and ordinances; to include maintaining applicable food safety certification.
• Maintains knowledge of all Gaming and beverage regulations applicable to position.
• Participates as a team member with all Beverage Servers, Barbacks, Beverage Stewards, Supervisors, and other CGRC Team Members to ensure efficient operational standard.
• Maintains a consistent, regular attendance record.
• Performs any reasonable request made by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily:
• Perform job duties, demonstrate excellent work habits, and deliver exceptional service to internal and external guests.
• Exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, including appearance, attendance, reliability, teamwork, ethics, integrity, and comply with all governing policies and procedures.
• Employ positive and professional communication skills and exercise professional interpersonal abilities (tact, diplomacy, and respect) with guests and co-workers at all times.
• Maintain a high level of organization, including an orderly and neat work area and excellent time management skills leading to the highest levels of productivity.
• Demonstrate a desire to succeed and willingness to help others succeed.
• Participate in open communication and provide feedback to management regarding operations, staffing, personal development, and operational productivity.
• Serve as contributing Team Member of CGRC enhancing operations in all its business endeavors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be an enrolled member of the Picayune Rancheria of Chukchansi Indians.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED preferred. Previous experience working in a food and beverage department preferred. Previous experience working in a customer service position preferred.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, recipes, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedural manuals. Ability to speak effectively with customers and, Team Members of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of money, weight measurement, volume and quantity.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The Team Member regularly is required to stand and walk The Team Member frequently stoops, kneels and occasionally crouches or crawls.
The Team Member must regularly, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. When on the casino floor, the Team Member will be exposed to a smoke-filled environment.