Responsible for ensuring that all accounting activities in the Cage Department are performed accurately and efficiently in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations of the Gaming Commission, Federal and State Tax Commissions, and established company policies, procedures and controls.
This position is also responsible for furnishing Cage Cashiers, Slot department personnel, Food & Beverage department personnel and Hotel-Retail personnel with cash/coin in exchange for associated paperwork transactions sold to them on a per shift basis.
- Assists various gaming/non-gaming departments in counting gratuities.
- Verifies all soft/hard count drops and prepares cash and/or check deposits into the appropriate operational accounts.
- Reconciles safekeeping, front money, In-House and casino credit accounts.
- Processes markers, returned checks and customer deposits.
- Approves Cage Cashier transactions over allowable limits.
- Processes payouts of all Slot department jackpots, short pays and machine hand pays.
- Maintains various Main Bank summary sheets and schedules of Main Bank activities.
- Counts and balances gaming tokens, domestic/foreign chips and cash.
- Records and maintains all venue bank revenue from non-gaming departments.
- Maintains adequate supply of cash/coin in the Tito ticket redemption machines throughout the casino floor in conjunction with the Slot department.
- Maintains a working knowledge of facilities as well as special events on property in order to advise customers of same whenever possible.
- Pulls and counts mutilated money, preparing it to be returned to the bank.
- Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Ensures to a high degree the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of three months experience at the level of Cage Cashier or above preferred.
- Minimum of six months to one year of prior cash handling experience required.
- Minimum of 90-days Casino Cage experience required or an equivalent of prior cash handling experience and/or banking skills. Must possess excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.