This internship is designed for Tribal Team Members who are nearing completion of a vocational culinary education program and are interested in furthering their skills with an on the job training experience in the Food and Beverage Division, Food Service Department.
Interns will have the opportunity to gain at least 180 hours (5 weeks) and up to 2000 hours (1 year) of on the job training in a variety of venues, to gain hands-on work experience necessary to perform the position successfully.
Upon successful completion of the internship program, interns will receive a certificate of completion which can be used toward experience when applying to available positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Works collaboratively with the management team, training staff, and the TMCDPA to complete all portions of the internship outline/work plan.
• Interacts effectively with the public and Team Members. Performs excellent customer service at all times.
• Adheres to the policies of CGRC as set forth in the Team Member Handbook and department Policies and Procedures.
• Works any assigned shift/works schedule as business demands.
• Performs any reasonable request made by management.
During the course of the Line Cook Internship, Interns will gain experience in:
• Preparing, seasoning, finishing, and garnishing all food in kitchen preparation in accordance with established recipes.
• Performing as a part of a team environment with: Lead Line Cooks, Dishwashers, Supervisors, Chefs, Servers, Utility, and pertinent Company Team Members in producing a smooth and efficient operation on a scheduled shift.
• Maintaining compliance with all regulations of health and sanitation standards as well as all applicable federal, state, local laws/ordinances to include maintaining applicable food safety certification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily:
1. Perform job duties, demonstrate excellent work habits, and deliver exceptional service to internal and external guests.
2. Exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, including appearance, attendance, reliability, teamwork, ethics, integrity, and comply with all governing policies and procedures.
3. Employ positive and professional communication skills and exercise professional interpersonal abilities (tact, diplomacy, and respect) with guests and co-workers at all times.
4. Maintain a high level of organization, including an orderly and neat work area and excellent time management skills leading to the highest levels of productivity.
5. Demonstrate a desire to succeed and willingness to help others succeed.
6. Participate in open communication and provide feedback to management regarding operations, staffing, personal development, and operational productivity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED preferred and completion of, or current enrollment in, a Culinary Education Program.
Currently enrolled PRCI member. Strong organization and communication skills.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition subtraction and multiplication tables.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The Team Member is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell. The Team Member is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 25 pounds, in moving file boxes and equipment and auditing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The Team Member regularly works around mechanical moving parts. The Team Member regularly works with sharps (knives, kitchen utensils, and tools). The Team Member may be exposed to high temperatures present with stoves, ovens, dishwashers, dis drying machines.
The Team Member is frequently exposed to the risk of radiation through the use of computer work, cell phones and gaming machines.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. The Team Member may be exposed to a smoke-filled environment when on the casino floor.