Responsible for supervising Security Officers, EMT’s and Corporals on assigned shift and for properly executing security duties on assigned shift to adequately provide for the safety of guests and Team Members and protect the assets of Company and entire facility. Responsible for maintaining close, continuous surveillance of all assigned non-gaming areas of the entire property.
• Supervises Security Officers, EMT’s and Corporals on assigned shift.
• Ensures proper execution of assigned duties.
• Adheres to all rules and regulations, policies, and orders.
• Provides protection for the Casino and all Team Members and guests of the Casino.
• Ensures the overall protection of company assets.
• Guards all transfers of monies and chips on the casino floor as well as the physical transportation of hopper fills, chip fills, and credits.
• Maintains effective communications to the Director of Security of all changes in status or emergencies with the Security Department or Casino property.
• Interacts with guests and Team Members in a professional manner.
• Interacts with local law enforcement agencies as required.
• Maintains a working knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state,etc.) and attendant regulations as well as company internal controls, policies and procedures.
• Assists in on-going training programs for the Security Department Team Members.
• Assists in operating the timekeeping system.
• Assists valet & shuttle drivers if needed.
• Monitors traffic control and parking areas.
• Monitors all areas of the property at all times, identifying potential security and/or safety risks and reporting them to the appropriate individual or entity for proper resolution.
• Protects company assets and integrity through the consistent, thorough monitoring of all activities on property. Utilizes necessary equipment to identify, record, document and report illegal, suspicious or unusual activities occurring on the property.
• Coordinates with Security Shift Supervisor when Operator discovers a matter which needs further investigation or attention.
• Performs regular duties as a Security Sergeant while not in the Surveillance Room.
• Maintains or augments skills through review and study.