Responsible for answering the switchboard, directing calls to appropriate individuals, taking accurate messages and delivering messages, effectively resolving minor customer disputes, and assisting with making restaurant reservations.
- Answers switchboard and connects calls in a prompt, courteous manner
- Provides efficient service in receiving and distributing calls and messages.
- Takes calls from guests requesting restaurant reservations and forwards them to the Central Services Representative.
- Assists the Central Services Representatives in taking reservations when needed.
- Resolves customer conflicts/complaints or refers matter to the appropriate department or individual, for proper resolution.
- Maintains a log of wake-up calls and delivers calls on time.
- Maintains a working knowledge of proper emergency procedures and administers same over the intercom system in a calm, clear voice.
- Contacts in-house Security and Emergency Medical Technicians as needed and calls for help from in-house and outside agencies (Police, Fire Department, etc.) when deemed necessary to report emergency situations.
- Facilitates the flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Maintains a consistent, regular attendance record.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, PBX equipment is preferred.