Responsible for performing professional relaxing, stress-reducing and enjoyable massage and body treatment services on guests. Performs other spa treatments or services per qualifications.
- Performs full range of massage treatments.
- Occasionally assists with other spa services as allowed by current qualifications.
- Ensures an optimum level of guest service and satisfaction by providing a clean, quiet, comfortable and organized treatment room.
- Complies with all applicable regulations, internal controls, policies and procedures. Reports all exceptions/variations/deviations upon awareness.
- Educates guests about products used and recommends products for home.
- Maintains professional relationships with spa clientele.
- Routinely inspects work areas for cleaning needs, defective materials, and potential safety hazards. Notifies appropriate person(s) for proper resolution.
- Maintains adequate inventory of linens, massage oils, lotions, creams, gels used in massage treatment; places orders and re-stocks supplies as necessary.
- Begins and ends all treatments on time, adhering to appointments and scheduling.
- Performs other duties as may be required including assisting in the reception area and assisting with the upkeep of the locker rooms, fitness center, stockroom and salon.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Certification for Massage Therapist through an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of six (6) months practical experience as a massage therapist required, preferably in a spa or resort setting. Certification/License for other spa treatments preferred.
- Ability to perform Swedish and deep tissue massage required, with shiatsu and reflexology desired.